[ Home | Liste | F.A.Q. | Risorse | Cerca... ]

[ Data: precedente | successivo | indice ] [ Argomento: precedente | successivo | indice ]

Archivio: openbsd@sikurezza.org
Soggetto: ipfilter e varie...
Mittente: Igor Falcomata'
Data: 30 May 2001 15:59:11 -0000
non so se avete seguito i problemi legati ai presunti cambi di licenza (o -
come pare piu' giusto - semplice corretta interpretazione) di ipf e i vari
scambi di opinione, spesso poco diplomatici (as usual :( ) tra le persone
coinvolte, cmq i risultati sono questi:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin/ipf/Attic/ipf.c

Remove ipf.  Darren Reed has interpreted his (old, new, whichever)
licence in a way that makes ipf not free according to the rules we
established over 5 years ago, at www.openbsd.org/goals.html (and those
same basic rules govern the other *BSD projects too).  Specifically,
Darren says that modified versions are not permitted.  But software
which OpenBSD uses and redistributes must be free to all (be they
people or companies), for any purpose they wish to use it, including
modification, use, peeing on, or even integration into baby mulching
machines or atomic bombs to be dropped on Australia.  Furthermore, we
know of a number of companies using ipf with modification like us, who
are now in the same situation, and we hope that some of them will work
with us to fill this gap that now exists in OpenBSD (temporarily, we
hope).

more info:

http://coombs.anu.edu.au/~avalon/
http://false.net/ipfilter/